Friday, May 7, 2010

Myrtle - a love-hate relationship

I´ve been knitting on a beautiful lace cardigan called Myrtle a couple of months now. The reason it takes so long is that I have to be fully concentrated on this project in order to make it work. I have to sit all alone, no TV, no nothing.
There is so much to keep in mind and if your thoughts wander just for a moment, sh-t happens!
This project has been accompanied by a lot of curses, but there is so much satisfaction when it all comes together.
The trickiest part is when you are going to shape the sleeve caps. The instructions are somewhat unclear, and you have to improvise a lot. I´m so proud that I made it so far, I just have a couple of rows left! I cross my fingers that it will fit me well!

Look at all those markers!!

1 comment:

  1. I bought this pattern thinking I would work on it during a road trip-no way! This one take a lot of concentration! I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete